Trailer for Rogue One
- Forrest Whitaker doing a weird breathy accent is super distracting. Is that supposed to be a British accent?
- Oh God, what if they try to make Ben Mendelsohn do a British accent?
- This looks every inch a Gareth Edwards film.
- It looks like they’re trying to set up K-2SO as the comic relief. If those are the best laughs they could pick out for the trailer, oh dear.
- Felicity Jones seems like she’s stuck in the Tomb Raider school of action acting.
Overall, I’m cautiously optimistic about this one. It looks great, really nailing the 70s aesthetic with a cinéma vérité feel. But Edwards’ last film, Godzilla, was let down by its characters and nothing in this trailer suggests things have improved.