Recipe: Spicy Potato Wedges
We hosted our first movie night last night. A bunch of friends came around and, in honour of this god-awful heatwave, we turned on the air conditioning and watched A Guide to Recognising Your Saints.
I made a few snacks for us to nibble on during the movie. Some were more of a success than others. The bean and cheese pate? Yeah, I probably won’t be making that one again. By far, the biggest hit of the night were the spicy potato wedges. I know this sounds embarrassing for someone who loves junk food AND loves to cook, but this is the first time I felt like I actually nailed spicy potato wedges. They were spot-on. What’s more embarrassing was how easy they were to make.
A couple of people asked me for the recipe, so here it is.
Spicy Potato Wedges
- 1kg Medium/Large Potatoes
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Get the oven on hot. I put ours onto fan-assist, 200°.
- Pour some oil into a roasting tray and put it into the oven to get hot.
- Cut the potatoes into halves, then cut those halves in half again.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine.
- Once the oven is hot enough and the oil is moving around that roasting tray, pour in the potatoes.
- Tossing occasionally, cook for about 25 minutes, or until they’re done to your liking.
I’d show you a photo of what the end result looked like, but honestly, we ate the fuck out of those things. I didn’t have a chance.