Too busy in work to find time to write anything of substance, so here’s a quick list of the most nerdy things I’ve been doing over the past couple of days
Installed GeekTool After hearing so many people praise GeekTool, I finally installed it last week. Then I configured the MySQL access list on our RT database in work. Now I have a list of my open issues on my desktop - cool! I wonder if there’s any (easy) way of colour-coding this list.
New DVD Player Dixons are selling a Philips DVP630 for a measly EUR99. This is a fantastic player that will play just about anything you throw at it (VCD, SVCD, MP3s, JPGs, DivX and DVDs). It comes locked to Region 2, but Amazon kindly provide a guide to unlocking this player.
GDC 2005 Interesting things from GDC this year include
- A trailer for the new Zelda (link goes to HD version), sporting a heavy Lord of the Rings influence.
- Some videos of Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
- J Allard’s keynote about HD and the next Xbox
- Ralph Koster’s keynote about ‘fun’ in videogames
- Microsoft’s announcement of “pay-for-download-able content” on the next Xbox. Puerile armchair opinion: Fuck that.
Episode III Went to see the preview of Constantine over the weekend. I thought the film itself was a disgrace to the big-dumb-blockbuster name, but never mind that. During the trailers, they showed the trailer for Episode III. This trailer has me salivating, and seeing it on the big screen had me giddy for hours.