We hosted our first movie night last night. A bunch of friends came around and, in honour of this god-awful heatwave, we turned on the air conditioning and watched *A Guide to Recognising Your Saints*.
I made a few snacks for us to nibble on during the movie. Some were more of a success than others. The bean and cheese paté? Yeah, I probably won’t be making that one again. By far, the biggest hit of the night were the spicy potato wedges. I know this sounds embarrassing for someone who loves junk food AND loves to cook, but this is the first time I felt like I actually *nailed* spicy potato wedges. They were spot-on. What’s more embarrassing was how easy they were to make.
A couple of people asked me for the recipe, so here it is.
## Spicy Potato Wedges
* 1kg Medium/Large Potatoes
* 1tbsp Olive Oil
* 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
* 1 tsp paprika
* 1/2 tsp cumin
* salt and pepper
1. Get the oven on hot. I put ours onto fan-assist, 200°.
2. Pour some oil into a roasting tray and put it into the oven to get hot.
3. Cut the potatoes into halves, then cut those halves in half again.
4. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine.
5. Once the oven is hot enough and the oil is moving around that roasting tray, pour in the potatoes.
6. Tossing occasionally, cook for about 25 minutes, or until they’re done to your liking.
I’d show you a photo of what the end result looked like, but honestly, we ate the *fuck* out of those things. I didn’t have a chance.