Pancake Tuesday, boys and girls. A magical time of year. You can eat as much as you want, but because they’re only pancakes, you don’t look like such a savage. In school, we used to brag about how many we ate. Since I didn’t get any pancakes last year, I’m going to make up for it this year by gorging myself until I’ve got pancake batter coming out my ears.
200ml milk, mixed with 75ml water
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it
- Whisk well
- Slowly add the milk and water, whisking as you go
- Cook in a pan over a medium heat
- Sugar and lemon juice. It is vitally important that the juice be from a plastic lemon. Otherwise it may as well be any other day of the week because it’s just not Pancake Tuesday with plastic lemon.
- Nutella. Nothing else. Okay, maybe ice cream. You’ll be bouncing off the walls for days.
- Bacon and maple syrup. Friend in work gave me a bottle of maple syrup from Canada, since all I seem to be able to find in Dublin is maple-flavoured Golden Syrup.
- Blueberries. Awesome when they’re dropped into the batter as it cooks in the pan.
So what’s your favourite filling?
3 sugar and lemon juice — out of real lemons (I know!) — before I hit my limit.
I was complimenting my friends mam on making them when she told me they’d come from a bottle from Lidl.
I still thought they were nice.
hi i’ ve just hade 4 pancakes