Things I love about Guitar Hero 2
- Some of the songs are by the actual artists this time, not a stinkin’ cover band.
- The character animation is more entertaining and, more importantly, actually relates to what you’re doing on your guitar-controller.
- Cherry-red SG controller.
Things I hate about Guitar Hero 2
- So. Fucking. Hard. I can do most songs in Guitar Hero 1 on ‘Expert’ without breaking a sweat. In Guitar Hero 2, Christ, ‘hard’ is actually… hard.
- Some of the songs are really, really shit*. Example: Wolfmother? Really? (Here’s Mike Patton’s Take on Wolfmother: “Are you hearing this shit? What year are we in?”)
- These stickers are fucking lame.
- It’s not Gears of War 🙁
* with a few exceptions. The major one being Trogdor, which is available as a hidden song. Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiight
Wolfmother are perfect for Guitar Hero! And Mike Patton is a poohead.
Mine arrived in the post today. Tonight is GHII night chex thoughtwax, but I think I’m gonna be in trouble… Texas Flood on hard is as good as I get.
Wolfmother gave me one hell of a problem on hard. I finally beat it by screwing the hammer offs and strumming each hammer off. that way if I missed a few I wasn’t severly punished for it.
Pingback: low brow culture » Blog Archive » Guitar Hero 2 and OS X